The gym reopened May 19 after a 2 month close for COVID 19.
We do not accept "drop In's"
and are very strict with out gym protocols.
COVID GYM RULES
- If you do not feel well STAY HOME
- If you have been in contact with anyone who has had any symptoms of Covid YOU MUST QUARANTINE for 2 weeks before entering the gym
- If you have been on a flight (even within Canada) please stay away from the gym for 2 weeks from the date of your flight
- Maintain 6 ft between yourself and others
- Wash and or sanitize hands upon entry and frequently
- Use 1 piece of equipment at a time…no super sets
- Sanitize EVERYTHING YOU TOUCH before and after use with our spray and disposable cloth
- 1 person at a time in washroom
- Bring water as fountain is closed
- Please do not come behind the desk
- Cough into your elbow or a tissue
- If you are a “moist” or heavy breather consider a mask
- If you would like to visit, please use our rear outdoor area
The gym is on of the few places that everyone, regardless of size, condition or age can all exercise together.You may be a conditioned athlete, or a professional couch potato, but you can start on a safe and successful fitness program at any time in you life.
Strong muscle will increase your metabolism, strengthen your bones and support your joints. It will also make you look and feel better. Combine weight training with cardiovascular work and you will have a healthy body and feel great.
Starting out with a full body program, means you are working all your muscle groups in one day, and how many reps and sets depends on your current fitness level.
The next step means working into a split program, where you do one body part each day. The benefits are you work that muscle group harder and give it more time to rest.
Another option is hybrid training, combining functional training with aerobic work to increase the metabolism.
The truth is anything works, it's all about moving and pushing yourself a little.